Chi Walking
I've been intrigued to see the recent interest in Tai Chi walking, and signed up for a quick introduction.
A decade into my own Tai chi practice, I lived and worked at Breitenbush Retreat and Conference Center, offering massage and Reiki sessions, plus drop-in Tai chi/ Qigong twice weekly for our Daily Well being program for guests and staff.
It was a delight to attune to each group and day, and watch folks who had a practice suddenly experience the flow in a way they hadn't!! I'd encourage them to keep practicing, and return to their class at home with that new awareness.
In 1994, I was fortunate to take one of our weekend workshops with a qigong master from China, and hear (trough translation) him say many of the things I'd been guided to tell my students!
We practiced qi walking in small groups around a tree, and did several practices to bring more light and energy to our dan tien (called hara in yoga) Our teacher enjoined us to "swallow your saliva!" after any of these qi building exercises - and especially when we 'Ate Stars'
During a more recent Breitenbush workshop that included drumming, chanting, singing and ceremony, I woke in the middle of the night, and decided to go for a soak in my favorite Middle Meadow Pool.
Middle meadow pool at Breitenbush
It seemed a good time to 'eat stars' and I went ahead and choose 36 in each compass direction .... when I returned to my dark cabin and closed my eyes, I could see a wee rim of light above my bottom eyelids! ... umm ... I must not have swallowed each star thoroughly! (So I swallowed several times more, and the light faded). In the morning, I shared my experience with our instructor.

Comments
Post a Comment