Reiki Anniversary

This month marks my 30th anniversary as a Reiki Master - 

When the student is ready .... 

A friend calls it holes - when you know something's important, and you need to do it, but - why?

I can trace my "introduction" to the healing modality I'd been seeking to a harp concert  (by a 2nd degree practitioner!) 9 months before, in a bookstore about an hour away. Who could resist Karen Brunner's title, "Out of the Silence, Into the Wind" ... And her tape, Where the Dragons Come to Drink - recorded the summer before during the Lion's Gate portal, 8-8-88. So I was drawn to that January concert! 

... After the amazing concert, I looked for the right book, picked up one on Chiron (Barbara Hand Clow's), the wounded healer ... 

That fall, I saw an announcement for a talk on Chiron - at the same bookstore that hosted the concert! The catalogue was in the Mail, when I returned from offering a talk to on asteroids to a local Astrology group - how could I Not go?

Altar

During her talk, the astrologer Analyse mentioned that Reiki is connected with the asteroid Chiron (healing, synchronicity, chiros rather than chronos time) and ... if anyone was interested ... She was offering a first level class in a week or two - YES! sign me up!! 

So, I went! It was exactly what I wanted and needed! At 39, I'd had a spiritual opening the year before I didn't yet have tools for understanding, Reiki initiation helped me integrate it! 

And .... My master Analyse told us she'd be moving out of state shortly after that first degree class, but had a mailing list! I didn't know anyone who did Reiki - the next spring,  I happened to connect with Janelle during an Earth Day event (remember that big celebration in 1990?) 

So Janelle and I began trading. She also lived ~ an hour away, and - though I didn't know for awhile, is a Master! I was considering taking Reiki II with her - I knew at the first class i wanted to open the Reiki Door ...

... Then I heard from Analyse - she was offering a second level training, at the coast, and we could stay over for an extra $25 (the other gal didn't??!!!) Oh, YES! 

I put the symbols into the drum I'd recently crafted, and Analyse watched me dancing them on the hill, from her beach walk.... That night when I couldn't sleep, I danced them again, under the stars! 

She after her visit, she went back to Wyoming... And the next spring, I moved to Breitenbush Hot Springs! So I called Analyse, and we made arrangements for her to come up to offer 2nd and 3rd degree to some of her students - 30 years ago this month! 

Sacred river

About a week after our training, which included auditing/ helping with the second degree class, she offered a Q and A session, before returning to Wyoming. 

Shortly after I was made Master, I met Phyllis Lei Furomoto at the PNW Reiki Gathering! I loved hearing parts of her own story and  of her struggles with the title "Grand Master", (and was intrigued that she had decided against issuing certificates!) She later accepted the designation Head of the Discipline. 

My Harper friend Karen was at that first PNW gathering - "ah!! She does Reiki!! That explains it!" I invited her up for Winter Solstice in 91 and 92, and a few years later, invited her to hold space and play harp for the classes I taught through our retreat center, and later at the coast. Karen had taken 1 & 2 from a prominent and dedicated Master, but ended up going to Machu Pichu with another Master for her own 3rd initiation! (Karen was incredible at holding energy - not just this lifetime!) 

.. I stayed in touch with Linda, who was in the Mastery class with me, and of course met many practitioners and Masters from all over the world at the NW gatherings! And - as Analyse told us, Reiki will teach you! Plus healers from other modalities, including a Qigong master who had is draw a symbol, then dance it!! 

I initiated many fellow staff members, some short term, some I'd known before ... And then, moved to the beach town, Neskoin.

At the coast, I was blessed to meet Anita, who was familiar with leading Reiki circles, (initiated in both Usui and Sechim forms (!)) & Who had the burning desire for Mastery.. She has also lived for 6 months at Findhorn, and taught attunement (tune into what's next! Again, often, not what you'd think!)  Plus offering Rebirthing sessions, and facilitating the Transformation Game!

I love co-facilitation, so working with Anita was a great match, she hosted circles, we had a strong Reiki and Reiki Master community ... And Karen came to co-facilitate a class.

Just after Anita and I worked out a thorough Mastery process, one of my students from the public Breitenbush workshops contacted me for mastery initiation - prior to his own upcoming move - to the Carolinas!! 

What??

And then I realized, he took my 4 day first level immersion, the 3 day second level training, whilst in medical school!! Sigh! 

Dr Jim had a strong connection with Reiki, and a good ability to integrate teachings! So we sat in the floor of his nearly empty apartment, the day after his farewell sweat lodge, and I was in the clouds after the training ... And he was heading out the next day! And - I blessed him with the Reiki thread that would draw him to whomever he needed to connect with, when he needed more pieces! 

Anita and I had a blast, using Reiki messages, attunement, and a teaching from a medicine man after my first level initiation - 

I appreciate ongoing connections with students and other masters, and often they appear and ask! ! I'm not so great at sending emails, but have a virtual presence, and have been in one place over 20 years. My friend Margot was initiated in first degree by Takata (40 years ago!) Then 1 again and 2 during her massage training ... Then finally in level 3 from my trade buddy, Janelle!! Circles and cycles! 

I felt blessed to be able to participate in several calls in recent years with Phyllis and Rachael, before Phyllis made transition. The last calls were with Reiki Masters around the world, an eclectic little bunch, brought together via Reiki and synchronicity! 👐

Reiki will teach you! And - Reiki drew you to your master(s)!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Self Care Reiki style

Beginnings

Everyday Reiki