Prayers & Blessings

There are many ways of 'sending' Reiki over distance of space & time. This practice has been done over the centuries in many traditions.

A few years before I learned Reiki, my friend Candy G mentioned that her Cherokee Grandmother was a 'Prayer healer;' whenever she thought of someone, she immediately sent a blessing to/for them. People would often stop them on the street, to thank Grandmother for her prayers! She didn't need to know what was wrong, simply that prayers were needed!

I remember thinking "I want to do that, too!" ... and focusing on that, when I would think of it. Years before, a friend raised Catholic & I heard sirens, & she immediately sent blessings, as the Nuns had taught her. Again, I had been inspired by this, & incorporated it into my practices.

When I learned 2nd Degree Reiki, I had a new tool/vehicle for doing this.

This can be done for individuals & situations. Healer & teacher Denise Linn writes:
"When I want to send prayers to somewhere in the world, I use Google Earth to "fly" over the location . . . and then use that image to focus my prayers. It really helps! 

"For example, the typhoon in the Philippines is flattening the land and harming the people . . . so here is the Philippines in the center of the globe. Then I zoom even closer...and start pouring prayers and love in to the area."

Let us all be Prayer Healers! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Self Care Reiki style

Beginnings

Everyday Reiki